Design and manufacture of skids
Made up of several assembled components – pumps, tanks, flow meters, sensors, valves, filters, etc.- our skids are free-standing equipment mounted on a chassis, carried out off-site and delivered directly on-site.
Suitable for numerous production or control processes in various types of activity, skids can be made of metal, steel or stainless steel, or in plastic, HDPE or PVC, for example.
From conception to installation: a complete system for various uses
After a detailed analysis of the customer's requirements, VENTFIELD's project office will design a tailor-made skid. 3D drawings can be made to refine the specifications required and facilitate assembly of the various components, performed by highly-qualified staff.
Each skid is designed and developed to fulfil a specific requirement:
- Pumping skids create the flow of fluid. Other components, such as heat-exchangers or flow meters, can be added to the system.
- Cooling/ heating skids heat or cool through two pipe systems and a heat-exchanger. This type of skid can be used to cool power electronics, bearings on rotating machines (machine tools, turbines, etc.), rolling lubricant... or to heat fluids and machines.
- Control / analysis skids control varuous parameters using instruments, for example pH , flow, temperature, or density measurement. These skids can also be used for chromatographic applications.
- Filtration / purification skids are composed of various filters or treatment stages to filter and purify a fluid. For example solvent degreasing or filtration of solid particles.
- Mixing skids blend various fluids, liquid or gaseous, to get the desired composition, for example a mixture of natural gas and hydrogen for the steel industry.